ABOUT THE BOOK
Are you tired of working too hard to make ends meet? Want to supplement your income with a sound investment? Let real estate finance and investment expert Doug Marshall show you how to make real estate work for you.
With over 35 years of commercial real estate experience, including a decade of personally investing in rental properties, Marshall is now sharing for the first time his knowledge to show you how to add to or even replace your current income.
In Mastering the Art of Commercial Real Estate Investing, you’ll discover:
- Why investing in rental properties makes so much sense for your financial future
- How to find the best possible loan for your property to optimize the property’s cash flow
- How to best manage your property to reduce risks and remove pitfalls to keep your investing profitable
- When to buy, and when NOT to buy your next rental property, and much, much more!
Marshall’s comprehensive guide is the only book you’ll need to start taking charge of your future. If you like easy-to-follow, step-by-step instructions coupled with solid advice and insight, then you’ll love Doug Marshall’s life-changing, wealth-growing guide.
Order the book now from your preferred retailer!
When you purchase the book, you also get:
- Immediate access to Doug Marshall’s 35+ years of experience through his private Question and Answer forum available only to real estate professionals like you.
- Immediate access to the following free bonus content
Property Investing Analysis template
to use for your next purchase. Apply 7 rules of thumb that lenders use to value properties and size loans.
Mortgage Solutions Blueprints archive -
real quotes on real deals with actual rates and terms lenders are offering on a variety of property types.
Marshall Commercial Funding Blog -
if you like the book, you'll love getting twice the monthly blog posts sent to your inbox!
Unlock FREE Bonus Content!
The journey continues! To gain exclusive access access to the Q &A discussion and your free bonus content, sign up below.
Bonus Content For Subscribers:
Contact Doug to Discuss Your Need for a Speaker
- How I Size Up Real Estate Investment Opportunities
- What Wealthy CRE Professionals Do That Most of Us Do Not
- After 12 Years of Real Estate Investing This is What I Would Do Differently
- The Cringe Factor: Know When to Fire a Bad Client
- Reasons Why Now May Be a Good Time to Sell Your CRE
- Why Investing in Real Estate is Superior to Owning Other Types of Investments
- Three Not So Obvious Reasons Why Investing in Real Estate is Better Than Owning Stocks
- Is it the Right Time to Invest in Real Estate? Three Questions to Ask Yourself Before You Buy
- The Six Immutable Laws of Real Estate Investing
- Five Habits of Highly Successful Real Estate Investors
- Five Steps I Take to Size Up a Real Estate Investment Opportunity
- Nine Practices to Reduce the Risk of Real Estate Investing
- Five Mistakes to Avoid When Buying Rental Properties
- Five Investing Principles I Learned from an Investor Mutiny
- Four Lessons I Learned from Investing in My Loser Property
- The Five Unasked Questions You Should Ask When Choosing Your Real Estate Advisory Team
- Five Questions Every New Investor Should Answer Before Buying Their First Rental Property
- The Four Real Estate Clients: Which Are You?
- Four Types of Mortgage Brokers to Avoid Like the Plague
- Why Using Internal Rate of a Return to Value Real Estate is a Fool’s Approach
- Four Reasons Why Using a Mortgage Broker Will Optimize Your Chances of Getting the Best Possible Loan for Your Property
- Three Issues That Can Torpedo Your Financing Chances
- Six Reasons for Firing Your On-Site Property Manager
- Seven Hidden Costs of Managing Your Apartments
- Six Reasons for Firing Your Property Management Company
- The #1 Mistake Property Owners Can Make
CONNECT WITH DOUG
Mastering the Art of Commercial Real Estate Investing:
how to successfully build wealth and grow passive income
by Doug Marshall, CCIM
Real estate investing is currently giving the best and fastest return on investment (ROI). For those who understand the market, it can easily become an income replacement or an additional passive income stream.
“Real estate investing gives you an opportunity for financial freedom that owning stocks and other types of investment cannot.” (p. 13)
“Once your real estate investments generate enough cash flow to maintain your lifestyle, you could live to be one hundred and twenty years old and still have no worries about running out of money in your lifetime.” (p. 13)
While real estate investing takes years to learn, Doug Marshall shares his 35+ years of experience in an easy-to-follow, step-by-step guide to fast-track your journey into this life-changing, wealth-growing industry.
“The goal is not to buy commercial real estate at fair market value but to purchase with a margin of safety because property performance, market conditions, and the like may not live up to expectations.” (p. 20)
“The best time to buy commercial real estate is when you have a vision to improve a property that the current owner does not see.” (p. 19)
In Mastering the Art of Commercial Real Estate Investing, Marshall explains how to add to or even replace your current income by sharing:
- Why rental properties are a sound investment
- The best type of loan for optimizing cash flow
- Property management tips to instantly reduce risks and increase profits
- When to buy, and when NOT to buy
- And so much more!
Published by Morgan James and set for release December 2018, Mastering the Art of Commercial Real Estate
Investing teaches people how to find the financial freedom roadmap through commercial real estate investing.
About the Author:
Doug Marshall is a seasoned commercial real estate professional, and author of Mastering the Art of Commercial Real Estate. For more than thirty-five years, he has worked in the commercial real estate business, and in 2003 he launched his own firm, Marshall Commercial Funding, Inc. During the last decade, he has also invested in rental properties throughout the Portland, Oregon area. Marshall earned his MBA at the University of Oregon, and in 1999, he received a CCIM designation, which many consider to be the PhD of commercial real estate.
Doug Marshall, CCIM
After nearly four decades in the commercial real estate business—including financing, property management, and as an investor—Doug Marshall is sharing his seasoned expertise to help others discover the secret to Mastering the Art of Commercial Real Estate Investing: How to Successfully Build Wealth and Grow Passive Income From Your Rental Properties.
“I wrote this book to be of service to those who are either getting started or have modest experience in commercial real estate investing,” said Marshall. “A wise man once said, ‘Learning without execution is useless.’ I hope people use this book to find the roadmap to financial freedom through real estate investing.”
He founded Marshall Commercial Funding, Inc., a commercial mortgage brokerage firm located in Portland, Oregon in 2003. Marshall helps clients secure the best possible financing for their rental properties but is most proud when client’s return for help with their next financing need.
“What a lot of new investors don’t realize, is that the lowest rate may not always be their best option,” said Marshall. “I help clients look at the big picture: how to optimize a property’s cash-on-cash return while staying within the borrower’s lending parameters for down payment, prepayment penalty and other important criteria.”
For the last decade, Marshall has become an investor in nine commercial real estate properties valued at over $50 million around the Portland, Oregon-area.
An Oregon native, Marshall earned his MBA at the University of Oregon.
In 1999, Marshall received the prestigious CCIM designation, which many consider the PhD of commercial real estate. A Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM) is a recognized expert in the disciplines of commercial and investment real estate. Today almost 70 percent of designees hold the title of owner, partner, principal, or president, representing an exclusive worldwide referral network of thirteen thousand members in thirty countries. CCIMs must be proficient in the areas of investment analysis, market analysis, user decision analysis, and financial analysis for commercial real estate. Of the more than 150,000 commercial real estate professionals in the United States, only an estimated 7 percent hold the CCIM designation.
For thirty-eight years, Doug has been married to Carol. Doug and Carol are the founders of The Jesus Table, a weekly gathering for those in need of a hot meal and friendly conversation. They are also board members of Fairhaven Recovery Homes, a Christian-based ministry that provides transitional housing for alcoholics and drug addicts who are in recovery.
In his spare time, Doug enjoys reading, blogging, golfing, and time in the hammock.
Short 89 words
Doug Marshall is a seasoned commercial real estate professional, and author of Mastering the Art of Commercial Real Estate Investing. For more than thirty-five years, he has worked in the commercial real estate business, and in 2003 he launched his own firm, Marshall Commercial Funding, Inc. During the last decade, he has also invested in rental properties throughout the Portland, Oregon area. Marshall earned his MBA at the University of Oregon, and in 1999, he received a CCIM designation, which many consider to be the PhD of commercial real estate.
Shorter 45 words
Doug Marshall is a seasoned commercial real estate professional, and author of Mastering the Art of Commercial Real Estate Investing. For more than thirty-five years, he has worked in the commercial real estate business, and in 2003 he launched his own firm, Marshall Commercial Funding, Inc.
Shortest 19 words
Doug Marshall is author of Mastering the Art of Commercial Real Estate Investing and principal of Marshall Commercial Funding, Inc.